- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Discuss few characteristics of MySQL
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
MySQL is an open source SQL (structured query language) database management system. Let us see some of its characteristics:
MySQL server is quick, and reliable. It stores data efficiently in the memory ensuring that data is consistent, and not redundant.
MySQL server is scalable and easy to use. Scalability refers to the ability of systems to work easily with small amounts of data, large amounts of data, clusters of machines, and so on. It is also used in production environment due to its scalability and ease of use.
Databases over Internet
It provides high security, improved connectivity, and speed thereby making it suitable to work with databases over internet.
MySQL server works with client/server and embedded systems
The MySQL database is a client-server system which contains multi-threaded SQL server. Multi-threading refers to the ability of tasks to work simultaneously by using the system’s resources efficiently. If required, MySQL server can also be used as an embedded multi-threaded library.
The code for MySQL software was developed by keeping the user’s requirements in mind. This means that most of the applications and language can be used with MySQL database server.
Before storing the data in the database, a logical model is built. This logical model gives all details about the variables/data fields, the relationship between these variables (it could be one-to-one, one-o-many, many-to-one, many-to-many), the relationship between two tables and so on. When a database is well-designed, it means that there is no scope for inconsistent data, redundant data or missing data.
- What is MySQL? Discuss some characteristics of MySQL
- Discuss the history of MySQL
- MySQL SELECT last few days?
- How to combine few row records in MySQL?
- Explain the characteristics of DBMS?
- Explain the characteristics of CMOS?
- Desirable Characteristics of Traction Motors
- Characteristics of Network and Electric Circuit
- What are the characteristics of Multiprocessor?
- What are the characteristics of OLAP?
- What are the characteristics of ANN?
- What are the characteristics of SVM?
- What are characteristics of forward contracts?
- Discuss broadcasting in Numpy in Python?
- Power Transformer Characteristics