- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differentiate between an illegal agreement and a void agreement
Let us understand the concept of an illegal agreement and a void agreement, before learning about their differences.
An agreement which violates any law with the nature of crime or any opposition of public policy or immoral is an illegal agreement.
Every illegal agreement is unlawful but not all the unlawful agreements are illegal. These agreements are strictly prohibited by law and parties who made these agreements can be penalized.
Illegal agreements are void ab initio, so agreements collateral to original agreement is void.
Meaning of the term VOID is no legal binding and term AGREEMENT is consent between two or more parties. Simply, void agreements don’t have legal binding.
If the agreement is declared void, then void agreement are losses of its nature of legal binding.
Agreements which are void are as follows−
- Made without considerations.
- Restraint trade.
- Do impossible acts.
- Objects are unlawful etc.
The major differences between the illegal agreement and void agreement are as follows −
|Illegal agreement||Void agreement|
|Meaning||Creation of agreement is forbidden by law.||Agreement does not have legal enforceability.|
|Effect||Turns into void agreement at starting.||Agreement does not have legal enforceability.|
|Prohibited||Restricted by state laws.||Not restricted by the state laws.|
|Punishment||Accountable for punishment and penalized.||Not accountable for punishment and penalized.|
|Scope||Has narrow scope.||Has extensive scope.|
|Object||It is illegal.||It is not illegal.|
|Collateral agreement||It can’t be enforceable (because void at beginning).||It can be valid.|
|Restoration||Money paid can’t be claimed.||Money paid can be claimed back.|
|Nature||It is not a void agreement.||It is not an illegal agreement.|
- Related Articles
- Compare the void agreement and a void contract
- What is the difference between contract and agreement?
- TRIPS Agreement: Meaning and Scope
- Armed Conflict and Peace Agreement
- HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA)
- What is asset purchase agreement in an asset deal?
- What Is a Keepwell Agreement and How Does It Work?
- Differentiate between int main and int main(void) function in C
- Complex Subject-Verb Agreement: Inverted Order, Compound Subjects & Interrupting Phrases
- Wagering Agreement: Section 30 of the Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Uncertain Agreement: Section 29 of the Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Differentiate the NULL pointer with Void pointer in C language
- Differentiate between a musical sound and noise.
- Differentiate between turnover and profit.
- Differentiate between ADR AND GDR.