- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Wifi and WiMax
Wifi and WiMax are used to create wireless network connections. Wifi is used to create small networks and used to connect printers, conmputers, gaming consoles. WiMax uses spectrum to deliver connection to network. WiMax is used to provide internet services such as Mobile Data and hotspots.
Following are the important differences between Wifi and WiMax.
|1||Definition||Wifi stands for Wireless Fidelity.||WiMax stands for Wireless Inter-operability for Microwave Access.|
|2||Usage||WiFi uses Radio waves to create wireless high-speed internet and network connections. A wireless adapter is needed to create hotspots.||WiMax uses spectrum to deliver connection to network and handle a larger inter-operable network.|
|3||IEEE||Wifi is defined under IEEE 802.11x standards where x defines various WiFi versions.||WiMax is defined under IEEE 802.16y standards where y defines various WiMax versions.|
|4||Usage||Wifi is used in LAN applications.||WiMax is used in MAN applications.|
|5||QoS||Wifi does not gurrantee Quality of Service, QoS.||WiMax guarantees Quality of Service, QoS.|
|6||Network Range||Wifi network ranges at max 100 meters.||WiMax network ranges to max 90 kms.|
|7||Transmission speed||Wifi transmission speed can be upto 54 mbps.||WiMax transmission speed can be upto 70 mbps.|
- Difference between WiFi and LiFi
- Difference between WiFi and BlueTooth
- Difference between WiFi and Internet
- Difference between WiFi and Ethernet
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- What are the differences between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster?
- What are the differences between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender?
- WiMax in Computer Network
- WiFi Protected Access (WPA) and WiFi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)
- Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX)
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination