- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between WiFi and LiFi
WiFi and LiFi used to send and receive data wirelessly. WiFi uses Routers and Radio Frequency whereas LiFi uses LED bulbs and Light signals to transfer and receive data.
Following are the important differences between WiFi and LiFi.
|1||Definition||WiFi stands for Wireless Fidelity.||LiFi stands for Light Fidelity.|
|2||Invented||WiFi was invented by NCR corporation on 1991.||LiFi was coined by Prof. Harald Haas in 2011.|
|3||Operation||WiFi transmits data using radio waves using WiFi router.||LiFi transmits data using light signals using LED bulbs.|
|4||Device Compliance||WLAN 802.11/b/g/n/ac/d standard compliant devices.||IrDA compliant devices.|
|5||Data Transfer Speed||WiFi transfer speed ranges from 150 Mbps to 2 Gbps.||LiFi transfer speed is about 1 Gbps.|
|6||Frequency||2.4Ghz, 4.9Ghz and 5Ghz.||10,000 times radio frequency spectrum.|
|7||Coverage||WiFi coverage area is upto 32 meters.||LiFi coverage area is about 10 meters.|
|8||Components||Routers, Modems and access points.||LED bulb, LED driver and photo detector.|
|9||Applications||Used in internet browsing using WiFi hotspot.||Used in airlines, under sea explorations.|
- Difference between Wifi and WiMax
- Difference between WiFi and BlueTooth
- Difference between WiFi and Internet
- Difference between WiFi and Ethernet
- What is the difference between Bluetooth and LiFi?
- Difference between WiFi and 3G Technology
- What are the differences between WiFi Extender and WiFi Booster?
- What are the differences between WiFi Repeater and WiFi Extender?
- What is Lifi?
- WiFi Protected Access (WPA) and WiFi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination