- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Use Case and Test Case
Use Cases and Test Cases are two important terms in context of Software Testing. A use case tells how a System will behave or perform a certain task provided the given conditions and a test case contains the actual test data, set of instructions to system and expected result of the interaction with system.
Following are the important difference between Use Case and Test Case.
|Sr. No.||Key||Use Case||Test Case|
|1||Objective||The objective of Use case is to ascertain a certain output after the set of operations.||The objective of test case is to ensure that system is working fine for each given instruction and yields the required result.|
|2||Definition||Use case is a representation of actions which describes the behaviour of system to do a particular task.||Test case contains the test data, set of instructions to follow and a result(s) of following the instructions.|
|3||Source||Use cases are prepared on requirements.||Test cases are prepared on Use cases.|
|4||Required||Requirement documents.||Test Data, Test Scripts.|
|5||Output||End result is important and all steps are to be executed together in a use case.||All steps are important and may have a separate result.|
|6||User||Business users executes use cases.||Testers executes test cases.|
- Related Articles
- Test Case vs Test Scenario – What’s the Difference?
- REST API Testing Tutorial - Sample Manual Test Case
- Software Testing Techniques with Test Case Design Examples
- What is difference between using if/else and switch-case in C#?
- Python – Sort Strings by Case difference
- Difference Between Test Plan and Test Strategy
- Difference between Antibody Test and Swab Test
- Difference between Antibody Test and PCR Test
- Why should we use MySQL CASE Statement?
- How to Create a Use Case Diagram?
- What is Use Case Testing, Technique & Example?
- Is Python case-sensitive or case-insensitive?
- Difference between Antibody and Antigen Test
- How to achieve case sensitive uniqueness and case insensitive search in MySQL?