- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Tester and SDET
46 Lectures 3.5 hours
A Software tester performs testing on the software to ensure that it meets the required quality standards. A Tester is responsible to check if the software has bugs/defects and performs as what is required from it. A software tester is unaware of application code and its development process.
SDET stands for Software Development Engineer in Test. SDET is part of both development as well as software testing. A SDET knows the code of software. A SDET is a tester who can code as well.
Following are the important differences between Tester and SDET.
|1||Working||Software Tester tests the application once it is testing ready.||SDET tests the internal of the application using coding.|
|2||Internal knowledge||A software tester has no knowledge of coding details of the software under test.||SDET knows the coding responsible for the intended functioning of the software.|
|3||Responsibility||Software testing tasks are prime responsibility of a software tester.||SDET also performs the performance testing of application apart from software testing.|
|4||Skill Set||Software tester is less skilled than SDET.||SDET has more skills than a software tester.|
|5||Stipend||Software tester are generally less paid than SDET.||SDET are more paid especially with automation skills.|
|6||Coding||Software tester has no coding skills.||SDET knows and can code well.|
|7||Roles||Software tester has less responsibility and roles in software development.||SDET are generally part of software development as well as testing.|
- Difference Between Multimeter and Voltage Tester
- What is SDET? Explain Full-Form, Meaning, Role, and Responsibilities
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between GUI and CUI
- Difference between LAN and WAN
- Difference between LAN and MAN