- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Test Plan and Test Strategy
26 Lectures 1.5 hours
20 Lectures 2.5 hours
In this post, we will understand the difference between test plan and test strategy −
It is a document prepared for a software project that defines the approach, scope, and intensity required for software testing.
It can be changed.
It happens independently.
It describes the details.
It is only done by the test administrator or test manager.
It is generally utilized at the project level.
Its objective deals with how and when to test the product or system, and who would confirm it.
It is a set of instructions that explain the test design.
They also help determine how the test has to be performed.
It can’t be changed.
It is generally a part of a test plan.
It describes the general methodologies.
It is usually performed by the task manager.
It is generally used at the association level.
It consists of vital objectives of the approach that needs to be pursued, and the module that needs to be checked.
It has two techniques −
Proactive - An approach in which the test design process is initiated as early as possible in order to find and fix the defects before the build is created.
Reactive - An approach in which the testing is not started until after design and coding are completed.
- Test Strategy Vs Test Plan – What’s the Difference?
- Difference between Strategy and Strategic Plan
- What is Agile Testing? (Process, Strategy, Test Plan, Life Cycle Example)
- Difference between Unit Test vs. Integration Test
- Developing an Effective Test Strategy
- Difference between Use Case and Test Case
- How to create a Test Strategy Document?
- Difference Between Acid Test Ratio and Current Ratio
- What is Benchmark Testing? (Test Plan, Tools, Example)
- Difference between Test-Path and Resolve-Path in PowerShell?
- Mention the difference between corporate strategy and business strategy.
- Difference between Strategy and Strategic Management
- How to Create a Test Plan? (Sample Template, Examples)
- Test Plan Template (Sample Document with Web Application Example)