- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Strong and Weak Entity
In this post, we will understand the difference between strong entity and weak entity −
It has primary key.
It doesn’t depend on any other entity.
It can be represented using a single rectangle.
The relationship between two strong entities can be represented using a single diamond.
It can either have total participation or no participation.
A weak entity has a partial discriminator key.
It depends on the strong entity.
It can be represented using a double rectangle.
The relationship between a strong and a weak entity can be represented using a double diamond.
They always have total participation.
- Related Articles
- Difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- Explain difference between Strong Entity and Weak Entity
- Sodium carbonate is a basic salt because it is a salt of(a) strong acid and strong base(b) weak acid and weak base(c) strong acid and weak base(d) weak acid and strong base
- What are weak and strong electrolytes?
- Differentiate between strong and weak acids. Identify the strong and weak acids from the following list of acids:Hydrochloric acid, acetic acid, formic acid, nitric acid.
- What is meant by strong acids and weak acids? Classify the following into strong acids and weak acids: HCl, CH3COOH, H2SO4, HNO3, H2CO3, H2SO3
- What is meant by strong bases and weak bases? Classify the following into strong bases and weak bases:NH4OH, Ca(OH)2, NaOH, KOH, Mg(OH)2
- Give the formulae of two strong acids and two weak acids.
- What is the difference between a weak reference and an unowned reference?
- What are strong and weak acids? In the following list of acids, separate strong acids from weak acids. Hydrochloric acid, citric acid, acetic acid, nitric acid, formic acid, sulphuric acid.
- The salts of a strong acid and weak base are ________ with pH value __________ than 7.
- A student measured the pH values of four solutions A, B, C and D which were found to be 4, 1, 13 and 11 respectively. Which of the following statements are correct about these solutions?(a) A is strong acid and B is weak acid (b) B is strong acid and D is weak base (c) D is strong base and C is weak base (d) C is strong base and A is weak acid (1) (a) and (b) (2) (b) and (c) (3) (c) and (d) (4) (b) and (d)
- Name the indicator which can give us an idea of how strong or weak an acid or base is.
- Entity-Relationship Diagram
- Python Weak References