- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between MySQL and MongoDB
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
MySQL is a relational database. MongoDB is NoSQL Database.
Following are the important differences between MySQL and MongoDB.
|1||Owned/Developed By||MySQL is owned by Oracle.||MongoDB is developed by MongoDB Inc.|
|2||Data Storage||MySql stores data in tabular format as records in table.||MongoDB stores records as documents.|
|3||Language||SQL, Structured Query Language is used to query database.||Dynamic Schema. Predefined structure is defined for incoming data.|
|4||Design Objectives||No efficient replication and Sharding available.||High availability, Scalability, Replication and Sharding are inbuilt.|
|5||Terms||MongoDB uses Collection, Document, Field, Embedded Document, Linking etc.||MySQL uses Table, Row, Column, Joins etc.|
|6||Data Storage||MySQL stores data in forms of records in table.||MongoDB stores data in form of JSON like documents.|
- Difference between RDBMS and MongoDB
- Difference Between MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Difference between count() and find().count() in MongoDB?
- Difference between find() and findOne() methods in MongoDB?
- MongoDB difference between show dbs and show databases?
- Difference between MySQL and SQL Server
- Difference between Schema and Database in MySQL?
- What is the difference between SQL and MySQL?
- Difference between MySQL BigInt(20) and Int(20)?
- Difference between count(*) and count(columnName) in MySQL?
- Difference between BIGINT and BIGINT(20) in MySQL?
- Difference between NumberLong(x) and NumberLong(“x”) in MongoDB?
- What is the difference between deleteOne() and findOneAndDelete() operation in MongoDB?
- Difference between “now” and a given date with MongoDB?
- What is the difference between MySQL NOW() and SYSDATE()?