- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between JPEG and PNG
JPEG and PNG both are a type of image format to store images. JPEG uses lossy compression algorithm and image may lost some of its data whereas PNG uses lossless compression algorithm and no image data loss is present in PNG format.
Following are the important differences between JPEG and PNG.
|1||Stands for||JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Experts Group.||PNG stands for Portable Network Graphics.|
|2||Compression Algorithm type||JPEG uses lossy compression algorithm.||PNG uses lossless compression algorithm.|
|3||Image Quality||JPEG image may lose some image data causing quality loss.||PNG image is of high quality.|
|4||Image size||JPEG image is generally smaller than PNG image of same image.||PNG image is generally larger than JPEG image of same image.|
|5||Transparency||JPEG does not supports transparency in images.||PNG supports transparency in images.|
|6||Extensions||JPEG images use .jpeg or .jpg extension.||PNG images use .png extension.|
|7||Usage||JPEG images are used in photography.||PNG images are generally used in icon creation.|
- Difference between JPEG and GIF
- Difference between JPEG and SVG
- Difference between SVG and PNG
- Difference between GIF and PNG
- How to optimize and compress jpeg or png images in linux
- How to read a JPEG or PNG image in PyTorch?
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between CPU and GPU
- Difference between TDM and FDM