- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Forward Engineering and Reverse Engineering
As terms indicate, that both Forward and Reverse Engineering are related to creating or making something or more precisely re-implementation of the legacy system to achieve more sustainability.
On the basis of the mode of creation, we can classify these modes as Forward and Reverse Engineering. Following are the main differences between both of the Engineering.
|Sr. No.||Key||Forward Engineering||Reverse Engineering|
|1||Definition||Forward Engineering is the mode of creation or development in which the development is done on the basis of given requirements from client/consumer. In this the requirements are provide prior to the development of the application.||On other hand Reverse Engineering is the mode of creation or development in which the development is done on the basis of requirements gathered from the developed application or the changes/enhancements that are provided from the client/consumer.|
|2||Execution Time||As in case of Forward Engineering the application is to be developed from scratch and all approaches and planning need to be done before actual development get stared so it requires more time as compared to that in Reverse Engineering.||On other hand in case of Reverse Engineering takes less time to develop an application as only modification and enhancements need to developed instead of core functionality of the application.|
|3||Proficiency Skill||As mentioned above application need to be developed from scratch so high skill proficiency is need to decide approaches and development planning in case of Forward Engineering.||On other hand in case of Reverse Engineering low or medium skill proficiency is also sufficient.|
|4||Nature||On the basis of above mentioned points we can state that nature of Forward Engineering is Perspective.||On other hand Reverse Engineering could be stated as of Adaptive nature.|
|5||Example||Example of Forward Engineering could be any newly developing application or system that is started or about to start based on given requirements.||Reverse engineering includes mainly research and RND work which could get implemented in the already developed application or system for providing more efficient performance with more functionality.|
- Difference between Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering
- What is the difference between Cloud Architecture and Cloud Engineering?
- Exam guidelines for engineering students
- What is Social Engineering Attack?
- Dynamic Testing in Software Engineering
- Principles of Conventional Software Engineering
- Accessibility Testing in Software Engineering
- Comparison Testing in Software Engineering
- Curve Fitting Models in Software Engineering
- Agile Development Models in Software Engineering
- Cost Estimation Models in Software Engineering
- What is Privacy Engineering in Cybersecurity?
- Difference between Inverted Index and Forward Index
- What are the codes of Engineering ethics?
- Explain different types of Social Engineering Attacks?