- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between DLP and LCD Projector
In this post, we will understand the difference between DLP and LCD projector −
DLP Projector (Digital Light Processing)
It is a type of projector that uses a digital micro mirror device.
One of the chip has a reflective surface that contains thousands of tiny mirrors that are coordinated with a light source.
This helps reflect the digital imagery on to any surface.
It provides smooth video.
The pixels are less visible.
It is more film-like, as on HDTV.
It shows the rainbow effect.
The intensity of black is amazing.
It is portable since it is small and light in weight.
The light source could be a standard lamp or an LED.
It is a reflective type of technology.
It is priced between $300 to $1000 and above.
It has high contrast.
The contrast is higher in comparison to LCD.
Sometimes, it produces audible whines.
The reds are not as intense.
The yellow is extremely intense.
The colours are fully saturated.
It provides good quality pictures but they are not as good as that of LCD projectors.
It was invented in the year 1987.
LCD Projector (Liquid Crystal Display)
It is a type of video projector that helps display video, images or computer data on a screen or any other flat surface.
It is the modern equivalent of a slide or an overhead projector.
The light is projected onto mirrors which are split into 3 primary colors: red, green and blue.
These colours pass through 3 separate prisms, and the colours are converged through the second prism to be projected on screen.
It has rich colour dynamics in ambient light.
It consumes less power.
It gives away less heat.
It doesn’t cause the rainbow effect.
The images are sharp.
The pixels are prominently visible.
It has poor contrast.
Black is not as intense as in DLP.
Some screen door effects the video images.
It gives better quality images with a sharper image.
Its image quality is better than that of DLP projectors.
It doesn’t include the rainbow effect.
Its contrast is lower than that of DLP.
It is not portable since it is bulky.
It comes in the price range of $250 to $1000 and above.
Its light source is a standard lamp.
It uses transmissive technology.
It was invented in the year 1968.
- Difference between DLP(Digital Light Processing) and LCD(Liquid Crystal Display) projectors.
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between JCoClient and JCoDestination
- Difference between String and StringBuffer.
- Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder.
- Difference between C# and .Net
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Concurrency and Parallelism
- Difference between localhost and 127.0.0.1?
- Difference between NodeJS and AngularJS
- Difference between Normalization and Denormalization
- Difference between Servlet and JSP
- Difference between SQL and NoSQL