- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Default to and select the first item in Tkinter Listbox
Tkinter Listbox widgets are used to display a scrollable list of items with vertically stacked menus. Sometimes, we may need to set the list item selected, by default. We can use the select_set(list_item_index) method by specifying the index of the list items that need to be selected by default.
So, let us suppose that we have a list of programming languages in our Listbox and what we want is to set the first item selected, then we can provide the index of a first list item in the method. The method must be invoked before the end of mainloop() function.
Running the above code will display a list of programming languages.
In the given output, the first list item in the list box is selected, by default.
- How to edit a Listbox item in Tkinter?
- How can I change the text of the Tkinter Listbox item?
- How to directly modify a specific item in a TKinter listbox?
- How to select at the same time from two Tkinter Listbox?
- Java Program to select the first item in JList
- Is it possible to color a specific item in a Tkinter Listbox widget?
- How to clear a Tkinter ListBox?
- How to fit Tkinter listbox to contents?
- Resize the Tkinter Listbox widget when the window resizes
- How to remove multiple selected items in the listbox in Tkinter?
- How to fully change the color of a Tkinter Listbox?
- How to keep selections highlighted in a Tkinter Listbox?
- Attach scrollbar to listbox as opposed to window in Tkinter
- How to display a Listbox with columns using Tkinter?
- Default window color Tkinter and hex color codes in Tkinter