- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Cypress Installation (Test Automation)
Next we need to visit the official website − https://nodejs.org/en/download/ and download as per system requirements.
For a windows system, we just need to proceed the steps one by one. It shall be stored in the Program files. We need to set the path of the node home in the environment variables.
The next step is to generate the package.json file in our project. This is achieved by running the command npm init. from the command prompt. We need to provide some metadata information and proceed with the json file generation.
Now to install the Cypress in our system we should use the command npm install cypress --save-dev. This command shall install the tool in our local machine as a development dependency for our project.
The project dependencies shall be stored in the package.json file. For the next time Cypress installation we should only use the command npm install.
- Related Articles
- Cypress Test Automation
- Cypress Test Runner (Test Automation)
- Cypress Architecture (Test Automation)
- Cypress Dashboard for Test Automation
- What is Cypress for Test Automation?
- Does cypress support api automation testing also?
- Jenkins for Test Automation
- Building Basic Test in Cypress
- Selenium Web Test Automation Framework Best Practices.
- What is the role of test automation in functional testing?
- MySQL Installation Related Programs
- Understanding Assertions Cypress
- Perl Installation on Windows Platform
- Perl Installation on Macintosh Platform
- mysql_secure_installation - Improve MySQL Installation Security