Create An Eye Catching eBook Cover with Affinity Publisher
Simple Easy To Follow Steps
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Using Affinity Publisher and Affinity Photo you will be able to create stunning book covers in no time. Good design principles are followed, and you will rapidly see just how attention to detail builds the impact of your cover.
Whatever your book title is, you can design and publish your own book cover for your eBook or Paperback using Affinity Publisher. What's more, you can use it to actually publish your own ebook! By exporting to PDF, your book becomes available to a wide range of publication platforms.
But this course is concerned with creating your own book cover, following all the good design principles needed. Right there, step by step.
When you think of what it is that makes people stop and pick up your book, either from the bookshelf or the online store, you will soon realise that it's your Cover - and only your cover that has caught their eye.
The cover of a book works as a salesman to its audience, and the cover needs to be recognized as an important tool – not just to service its original purpose, which is to protect and bind the pages of a book.
Because a book's cover is its face, it generates expectation. If a reader sees an amateur cover on a book, they will expect the novel itself to be amateur.
What will you learn in this course:
- You will learn how to create an e-Book cover and a Print cover for your Book suitably sized for all the popular digital outlets.
- The course begins with the fundamentals of good design, embodied in well-proven principles.
- No matter what genre your work is written in, you will be able to create a stunning cover for your work. You will learn what makes an eye catching cover
- As a student, you will learn about Loglines and Taglines and how to use them on covers in only some cases. Not all, and you will learn when to use them.
- In step by step lessons, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher will be used to create your book covers, and both iPad and desktop versions will be shown.
- You will learn how to use your cover to position your books within your genre so your cover attracts the attention you want.
- You will be supplied with ready made cover templates and promotional mockups that will make your publishing activities so much easier.
- eBook covers require just as much attention as a hardback and in you will learn the fundamentals right here.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- The software needed, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher ( Desktop only ) is available for both Apple and Windows computers at a very low one off price.
- Separate copies are needed for iOS and Desktop if you wish to use both devices. However, the cost per copy is so low it shouldn’t matter.
- If using an Apple iPad then an Apple Pencil is a great addition but not a requirement for the course.
- There are no other prerequisites because the course is a step by step walk through of the process. You don’t need to be an expert in IT or Design.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign although you will have to adjust the commands and interaction to achieve the same results. Other packages may work but your results will not be optimal for this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to Designing and Creating a Book Cover using Affinity Publisher
- Introduction Video 00:13 00:13
Setting Up Your Initial Cover Page
Create Your Cover Backdrop
Placing Your Cover Image
Setting Properties of Cover Image
Fill Properties for Transparency Adjustment
Setting Transparency to Suit Image
Title, Author and Tagline
Lesson 8 Adding a Radial Fill
Adding The Tagline Ellipse
Introduce your Typography
Advanced Section. Adding Spine and Back Cover
Robert ChalmersBad Design Is Not An Option
Robert is a prolific YouTube Creator, of Affinity Publisher, Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer (Serif) and Other Design software tutorials such as Pixlr. Robert is also a popular Author and Writer of SciFi, Romance, Thrillers and Pulp Fiction. He takes great delight in all the facets of Design and Art and writes for enjoyment and entertainment, and loves to explore other genres. Dragons of Sara Sara is a great fantasy story and Marriage in a Cold Climate is an old-fashioned drama set across the sprawling wastes of Siberia.
Look for the courses on How To Write a Romance, or even how to Write a Spy Thriller. If you are more interested in designing the covers for your own books, and putting them on Kindle or other platforms then you will find Robert has or is developing a course to cover that activity. If you have. particular design need, just let Robert know.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now