- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
C++11 features in Visual Studio 2015
45 Lectures 4.5 hours
66 Lectures 5.5 hours
C++11 is a version of standard C++ language. It was approved by International Organization for Standardization (ISO) on 12 August 2011 then C++14 and C++17. C++11 makes several additions to the core language. Visual C++ implements the vast majority of features in C++11.
Some of the following C++11 features in Visual Studio 2015 −
nullptr − In the previous nullptr, zero used to be the value and it had a drawback ofimplicit conversion to integral value. The null pointer literal is represented by std::nullptr_t. In this nullptr, no implicit conversion exists.
Lambdas − The lambda expression allows to define functions locally. Anonymous functions are known as lambda. We can use lambda expression wherever the function object std::function is expected.
auto − In previous versions, we must specify the type of the object but in C++11, there is no need to specify the type which means you can declare the variables directly without specifying their type.
Override and Final − The version C++11 has introduced two new special identifiers i.e. override and final. Override indicates that the method is supposed to be an override of virtual method in base class. On the other hand, final indicates that derived class should not override the virtual method.
Deleted and defaulted functions − The deleted functions are useful for preventing object copying. To disable copying, “ =delete; “ is used. The default function gives instruction the compiler to generate default implementation of function and “ =default; “ is used for default functions.
Strongly-typed enums − In the traditional enums, They used to export their enumerators in surrounding scope. They are specified as “enum class” keyword. They do not export their enumerators in surrounding scope.
Static_assert and type traits − It performs an assertion check at the time of compilation. If the assertion is true, it displays nothing otherwise, it displays an error message.
Range-based for loops − C++11 introduced range-based for loops for iterating over collections. Now, it is possible to iterate over like C-arrays. It supports ‘foreach’ paradigm of iterating over.
- Adding HTML5 Validation to Visual Studio
- Getting Started with C++ in Visual Studio
- How to include libraries in Visual Studio 2012?
- Limitation on number of columns in Visual Studio 2008
- Is it possible to add HTML5 validation to Visual Studio?
- What is the best IDE for C# besides Visual Studio?
- Difference between SAP Crystal Reports and CR for Visual Studio
- Using SSIS 2014 with Visual Studio 2012 to integrate with SAP
- Upgraded to SAP.net connector 3.0 is not working in Visual Studio 2008 and 2010
- Understanding CSS Visual Formatting
- CSS Visual Formatting Model
- Google’s Top Technology Searches in 2015
- General Features of Traction Motors: Mechanical Features & Electrical Features
- Python Features