- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Compare capital receipts and revenue receipts
Let us understand what are capital receipts and revenue receipts, before learning about their differences.
These are the non-recurring income received by the company and come under investing and financial activities.
They are generated from issue of shares, government’s grants, insurance claims, bank loans or loans from financial institutions, issue of denatures etc. Capital receipts reduce an asset or will increase a liability.
These are recurring income received by the company. This comes under business activities and benefits are enjoyed in the current period only.
These are generated from services rendered, interest and rent received, discount from creditors/suppliers, sale of scrap etc.
The major differences between the capital receipts and revenue receipts are as follows −
|Capital receipts||Revenue receipts|
|NATURE||Non – recurring||Recurring|
|EFFECT||Carried to the balance sheet||Shown on income statement|
|OCCURRENCE||Non-recurring and irregular||Recurring and regular.|
|SHOWN IN||Liabilities side of the balance sheet.||Credit side of trading in profit and loss account.|
|VALUE OF ASSET/LIABILITY||Either increase/decrease.||Neither increase/decrease.|
- What are the revenue receipts?
- What are the capital receipts?
- Explain the capital payments and revenue payments
- Differentiate between capital expenditures and revenue expenditures
- Write the difference between capital expenditure and revenue expenditure?
- State the difference between capital reserve and revenue reserve.
- Compare between private equity and venture capital.
- Compare between Return on invested capital (ROIC) and Return on capital employed (ROCE).
- How to categorise the items as capital or revenue by an example?
- Differentiate between revenue and turnover.
- Difference between working capital and fixed capital.
- What is Revenue synergy in merger and acquisition?
- Differentiate between Net working capital and Gross working capital.
- Differentiate between temporary working capital and permanent working capital.
- What are revenue expenditures and factors considered in determining it?