- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
C Program to calculate the Round Trip Time (RTT)
Given an Url address of any website; the task is to calculate the round trip time of a website.
Round Trip Time(RTT) is the total time or the length of a time which is taken to send a signal plus the time taken to receive the acknowledgement of that signal to be received. This time also consist of the propagation times between two points of a signal.
An end user can determine his/her round trip time from an IP address by pinging that address.
The Round Trip time’ result depends upon the following reasons −
- The Transmission medium.
- The presence of Interface in the circuit.
- Number of nodes from the source to the destination.
- Amount of traffic.
- Physical Distance from the source to the destination.
- Nature of the transmission medium(wireless, fiber optic, etc.).
- Number of requests.
- Presence of interface in the circuit.
Generally the duration of Round Trip Time will be in milliseconds and we displaying output in Seconds.
Input: www.tutorialspoint.com Output: Time taken:0.3676435947418213 Input: www.indiatoday.in Output: Time taken:0.4621298224721691
Approach we will be using to solve the given problem −
- Take the input string of the URL whose RTT(Round Trip Time) we want to calculate.
- Record the time before requesting the URL and store it into a variable.
- Send the request.
- Record the time after receiving acknowledgement.
- Compare both the times we will get the RTT.
Start Step 1 -> import time Step 2 -> import requests Step 3 -> define a function def roundtriptime(url): Set t1 = time.time() Set req = requests.get(url) Set t2 = time.time() Set t = str(t2-t1) Print Time taken Step 4 -> Initialize url = "http://www.tutorialspoint.com" Step 5 -> Call function roundtriptime(url) Stop
import time import requests # Function to calculate the roundtriptime def roundtriptime(url): # time when the signal is sent t1 = time.time() req = requests.get(url) # time when the acknowledgement # is received t2 = time.time() # total time taken t = str(t2-t1) print("Time taken:" + t) # url address url = "http://www.tutorialspoint.com" roundtriptime(url)
Kickstart Your Career
Get certified by completing the courseGet Started