When Java runs faster than C++?
Following are the areas where Java has proved itself faster than C++.
- Memory allocation/deallocation: Memory allocation/deallocation is much faster and it is often faster to create a new big array instead of using the cached one.
- Object instantiation: Memory management done by GC of Java attributes faster object related operations on Java than C++.
- Multithreading and Synchronization: Modern Java programs makes use of multi-core systems to make synchronization and multithreading much faster operation.
- JIT has improved a lot over period of time and modern Java program execution now is much faster.
- String operations are faster by having length.
- Collection methods are optimized like Array copy.
- Class loading has improved a lot over period of time and modern Java program class loading now is much faster.
Published on 19-Jan-2018 13:30:09