What is the purpose of System class in Java?
System class belongs to the package java.lang. It cannot be instantiated.
A System class provides −
- standard output.
- error output streams.
- standard input and access to externally defined properties and environment variables.
- A utility method for quickly copying a portion of an array.
- a means of loading files and libraries.
Following are the fields for java.lang.System class −
- static PrintStream err − This is the "standard" error output stream.
- static InputStream in − This is the "standard" input stream.
- static PrintStream out − This is the "standard" output stream.
Published on 05-Feb-2018 20:33:22