- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the base class for all exceptions in C#?
The System.SystemException class is the base class for all predefined system exception. Some of the exception classes derived from the System.Exception class are the System.ApplicationException and System.SystemException classes.
The System.ApplicationException class supports exceptions generated by application programs. Hence the exceptions defined by the programmers should derive from this class.
The following are the exceptions under the base class System.SystemException −
|Sr.No.||Exception Class & Description|
Handles I/O errors.
Handles errors generated when a method refers to an array index out of range.
Handles errors generated when type is mismatched with the array type.
Handles errors generated from referencing a null object.
Handles errors generated from dividing a dividend with zero.
Handles errors generated during typecasting.
Handles errors generated from insufficient free memory.
Handles errors generated from stack overflow.
- What is the base class for errors and exceptions in Java?
- What is the base class for all data types in C#.NET?
- What is a base class in C#?
- What is a virtual base class in C++?
- Why Object class is the super class for all classes in Java?
- Catching base and derived classes exceptions in C++
- Hiding of all overloaded methods in base class in C++
- What is the package for String Class in Java?
- How to catch all the exceptions in C++?
- What is the default access for a class in C#?
- What all is inherited from parent class in C++?
- Virtual base class in C++
- What is the default access for a class member in C#?
- What is the difference between checked and unchecked exceptions in Java?
- What are the custom exceptions in C#?