- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What happens if the value of number ‘N’ in CONV() function is not as per accordance with its base?
MySQL returns 0 as output if the number given in CONV() function is not as per accordance with its base. Suppose, if we want to convert decimal number 9 into the number in binary number system then in this case the value of from_base must be 10 but if we provide 8 as the value of from_base then MySQL returns 0 as output.
mysql> Select CONV(9,8,2); +-------------+ | CONV(9,8,2) | +-------------+ | 0 | +-------------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
As we know that the values of octal number system must be between 0 to 7, hence the number system for number 9 must be decimal i.e. 10.
- What MySQL returns if specified format string is not as per accordance with the date string passed as arguments to STR_TO_DATE() function?
- Do we have any lower and upper limit of base in MySQL CONV() function? What happens if out of limit base is provided in CONV() function?
- What happens if a NULL argument is provided in MySQL CONV() function?
- How is the classification of Computer Networks done as per its architecture?
- What happens if ++ operator is used with string value in PHP?
- What happens if NullPointerException is not handled in main method of java?
- What happens with the output of MySQL EXPORT_SET() function if I will skip the value of the fifth argument i.e. a number of bits?
- What happens if the output of MySQL TIMEDIFF() function surpass the range value of TIME field?
- What happens when a function is called before its declaration in C?
- What happens if I will use integer values as arguments of MySQL LOCATE() function?
- What happens if the specified index is not present in the series Python Pandas?
- What happens if the position of insertion, in MySQL INSERT() function, is out of range?
- What would be the output of MySQL ELT() function if the index number, provided as an argument, is not an integer?
- Check if a number is in given base or not in C++
- What happens if the substring is there for more than one time in the string given as the arguments of LOCATE() function?