- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the special security requirements for using stored procedures and functions together with replication?
Actually, a MySQL slave server has the authority to execute any statement read from a master's MySQL server binary log, hence some special security constraints exist for using stored functions with replication. If replication or binary logging in general (for the purpose of point-in-time recovery) is active, then MySQL DBAs have two security options open to them −
Option of SUPER privilege
Any user wishing to create stored functions must be granted the SUPER privilege by DBA.
Actually, log_bin_trust_function_creators enables anyone with the standard CREATE ROUTINE privilege to create stored functions hence a DBA can set the log_bin_trust_function_creators system variable to 1.
- What are the differences between Stored procedures and functions?
- What are stored procedures? How to call stored procedures using JDBC program?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using MySQL stored procedures?
- What are the advantages of stored procedures?
- What are Stored procedures in JDBC?
- What are the limitations for replicating stored procedure and functions?
- What are recursive stored procedures and why MySQL limits the recursion?
- What are the most significant differences between MySQL functions and procedures?
- What are TRIGGERS in DB2? What is the difference between TRIGGERS and STORED PROCEDURES?
- What are the requirements for a server platform?
- How can we see the list of stored procedures and stored functions in a particular MySQL database?
- What is stored procedure and how can we create MySQL stored procedures?
- Create a stored Procedures using MySQL Workbench?
- Call Stored Procedures within a Stored Procedure with IF Logic?
- What are the prerequisites for starting writing and using MySQL stored procedure?