- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the essential tags for an HTML Document?
HTML has various tags to format content, heading, align content, add sections, etc to a website. Some of the essential tags for an HTML document are doctype, <html>, <head>, <title> and <body>.
doctype is the doctype declaration type. It is used for specifying which version of HTML the document is using.
The HTML <html> tag is the container for all other HTML elements except for the <!DOCTYPE html> tag, which is located before the opening <html> tag. All other HTML elements are nested between the <html> and </html> tags.
The HTML <head> tag is used for indicating the head section of the HTML document. Tags included inside head tags are not displayed on browser window.
The <title>…</title> tag goes inside the <html>…</html>. The title text gets added on the web browser tab. It is visible on the web browsers title bar.
<head> <title>HTML Document</title> </head>
The HTML <body> tag shows the main content section of the HTML document. The <p> tag for formatting, <strong> tag for bold text, <ul> tag for ordered list, etc gets added inside the HTML <body>…</body> tag.
- What are the most important tags for an HTML Document?
- what are html tags?\n\n
- What are the ways to include style sheet rules in an HTML document
- HTML Deprecated Tags
- What the different types of JSTL tags are ?
- What are the essential properties of the different types of operating systems?
- Essential CSS Properties for Styling Tables
- Are HTML comments inside script tags a best practice?
- Are button HTML tags outside of a form valid?
- How to create an HTML Document?
- What are JSTL Core tags in JSP?
- What are JSTL formatting tags in JSP?
- Essential Python Tips And Tricks For Programmers?