- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the different ways to maintain data integrity in child table when the record is deleted in parent table?
When two tables are connected with Foreign key and data in the parent table is deleted, for which record exists in child table too, then followings are the ways to maintain data integrity −
On Delete Cascade
This option will remove the record from child table too if that value of the foreign key is deleted from the main table.
On Delete Null
This option will set all the values in that record of child table as NULL, for which the value of the foreign key is deleted from the main table.
- When are two tables connected with MySQL FOREIGN KEY then how can we say that the integrity of data is maintained in child table?
- What is data handling? What are the different ways to represent data?
- No error while inserting record in child table with no match in master table in SAP
- What are the types of data integrity?
- What are the ways to prevent child maltreatment?
- What is Data Integrity?
- What are Java parent and child classes in Java?
- Insert the data into Table C IF The data is not in Table B while Comparing to Table A in MySQL?
- In MySQL, how can we maintain data-driven table relationship using joins?
- What is the difference between data security and data integrity?
- How to insert date record to the same table with different date formats with MySQL?
- What are the different ways to install pandas?
- What is the best way to show data in a table in Tkinter?
- Parent and Child classes having same data member in Java
- How to get the first and last record of the table in MySQL?