What are the different privileges required for using views?
Following privileges are required for a different kind of CREATE, REPLACE, DROP, ACCESS, UPDATE etc. of usage of views −
- CREATE VIEW Privilege − CREATE VIEW privilege is required to create a view. Along with this we must have sufficient privileges, like SELECT, INSERT or UPDATE, for accessing the tables to which the view definition refers.
- DROP VIEW Privilege − We require DROP VIEW privileges for using OR REPLACE clause, DROP VIEW statement and also for using ALTER VIEW statement.
- SELECT Privilege − We must have SELECT privileges for selecting from a view.
- INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE Privileges − Actually for an updateable view to use INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE statements we must have INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE privileges.
- SHOW VIEW Privilege − If the view definition refers to tables for which we have no privileges then we must have SHOW VIEW privileges along with SELECT privileges.
Published on 22-Feb-2018 09:30:45