- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Use of SQL/MDX processor in SAP HANA Index server
SQL/MDX processor in HANA system processes all SQL and MDX statements executed in HANA system. SQL statements are generated for all the tables, schemas and MDX statements are raised for OLAP data processing. SQL stands for Structured Query Language and is Relational database language to manage two dimensional objects in HANA db.
MDX stands for Multi Dimension Expression and is an OLAP language for processing MDX statements for multidimensional models.
SQL/MDX Processor directs all the statement to relevant engines for processing and Engine optimization. It is used for authorization management in executing queries and Error handling while processing SQL/MDX statements.
Following functions are performed by SQL/MDX processor under Index Server −
- Efficient processing of SQL/MDX statements and divide all the statements and direct them to correct engines for processing.
- Procedure Calls are handled by Stored Procedure Processor and convert BW OLAP cubes to HANA optimized cubes for performing calculations and aggregations and parallel processing.
- Error handling for efficiently handling all the transactions in HANA db.
- Index server in SAP HANA system
- Using MDX provider in SAP HANA
- Functions of Index server in SAP HANA system
- TCP/IP port in SAP HANA to access Index server
- Difference between Open SQL, Native SQL in SAP HANA
- Difference between clustered index and non-clustered index in SQL server
- Sort data in SQL using Dynamic SQL in SAP HANA
- Use of savepoints in SAP HANA
- Create table SQL query in SAP HANA
- Create User SQL in SAP HANA database
- Create View SQL in SAP HANA database
- Use of SAP Host Agent in SAP HANA
- Data Replication from SAP PO to SQL Server
- Use of SAP HANA Live browser
- Opening SQL editor using SAP HANA Studio