- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Packaging a mobile app in built-in SAP UI5 for Android using Cordova
SAPUI5 provides different static mobile packages: sapui5-mobile-opt-static.zip or sapui5-mobile-static.zip. SAPUI5 supports two options for building mobile apps- it can be used as a web application loaded from a URL or it can also be developed as a hybrid app consisting of a native app wrapper.
Example: PhoneGap and an HTML viewer to display the SAPUI5 content on the user interface.
Note that “sapui5-mobile-opt-static.zip” or “sapui5-mobile-static.zip” packages are not contained in the SAPUI5 runtime deployment. The packages are contained in the SCN download version of SAPUI5 and in the Open Source version OpenUI5.
SAP provides a detailed documentation of these packages:
If you check out below link, it shows PhoneGap build for packaging app however it is only restricted to one app packaging per account.
If you want to use more than one, you need to pay for PhoneGap. You can simply go to PhoneGap site and make payment. To set a PhoneGap project based on your mobile platform from this link- http://phonegap.com/start
The above shows sample project structure once you unzip SAPUI5 beta and the file sapui5-static.zip.
Copy the resources folder to \project\assets\www\sapui5\
In addition, it also shows:
- Folder \project\assets\www\app_resources for specific web resources for my app
This link is relevant for SAP and mobile powers combined through SAPUI5 and PhoneGap:
- Related Articles
- Building a mobile app using OpenUI5 and Cordova using framework like jQuery.sap.storage
- Assign image source dynamically in XML View in Fiori app in SAP UI5
- How to upload a big CSV file in SAP Hybrid mobile app quickly?
- Reading an image using SAP OData v2 in UI5 application
- Loading External Libraries in SAP UI5
- Sorting List in SAP UI5 project
- Managing user sessions in SAP UI5 application
- Using SAP Mobile Platform Server
- Binding model to sap.ui.core in SAP UI5 application
- How to download YouTube mobile app videos using third party app?
- SAP UI5 application throws an error while using Tree map
- How to Publish a YouTube Video using Mobile YouTube App
- In SAP UI5 render calling two times in custom control
- How to place UI5 code in SAP NetWeaver Server?
- SAP Fiori suitable for mobile application development