- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Making an SAP ABAP program to wait
You can use WAIT to hold the program for few seconds. Here is the syntax
WAIT UP TO 36 SECONDS
However, you need to be careful about using it. WAIT does an implicit commit. So you need to be sure that the commit does not corrupt the database. It also releases the work process.
An alternative is to use below code −
CALL FUNCTION 'ENQUE_SLEEP' EXPORTING seconds = 36.
- Related Articles
- Sending an itab to SAP Spool using ABAP method
- Debugging an Asynchronous RFC in SAP ABAP
- Assigning debug roles to few users of SAP ABAP program
- How to pause an ABAP program?
- Seeing list of all program screens in SAP ABAP
- Getting error not assigned on running SAP ABAP program
- ABAP dump while creating an entry in SAP system using SAP JCO
- Inserting rows to an internal table through debug in SAP ABAP
- What is SAP ABAP?
- Identify the program to edit an ABAP code
- Using logarithm in SAP ABAP
- Declare dynamically in SAP ABAP
- Negation logic in SAP ABAP
- Pseudo code to hide warning in SAP ABAP
- How to use EXPORT / IMPORT to Memory ABAP – SAP?