- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Index server in SAP HANA system
Index server contains SQL/MDX processor to handle query statements for the database. When SQL or MDX is fired for SAP HANA system, an Index Server takes care of all these requests and processes them. All HANA processing takes place in Index Server.
Index Server contains Data engines to handle all SQL/MDX statements that come to HANA database system. It also has Persistence Layer that is responsible for durability of HANA system and ensures HANA system is restored to most recent state when there is a restart of system failure.
Index Server also has Session and Transaction Manager, which manage transactions and keep track of all running and closed transactions.
You can check different details about Index server- Used memory, Peak used memory, and allocation limit, etc.
Select HANA system in HANA studio and navigate to Administration tab
To check the configuration of Index server, you can also check different parameters under Index server.ini file.
- Functions of Index server in SAP HANA system
- Use of SQL/MDX processor in SAP HANA Index server
- TCP/IP port in SAP HANA to access Index server
- Searching a SAP HANA system in HANA Studio System view
- Migrating to SAP HANA system
- Architecture of SAP HANA system
- Data Compression in SAP HANA system
- Checking System limits in SAP HANA
- Current alerts in SAP HANA system
- Start and stop HANA system in SAP HANA Studio
- Details maintained under Name server in SAP HANA
- System measurement of SAP HANA system in XML file
- Lock down of SAP HANA system
- Integrate node.js with SAP HANA system
- Checking version of SAP HANA system