- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
HTML5 specifies almost all elements can be draggable. To make an element draggable, we add the draggable property with the value of true to its HTML element tag.
Following is the syntax for the element to make draggable.
<div class="item" draggable="true"></div>
Below are events on draggable elements. These events fire in the sequence when we drag an element.
When you hold a mouse button and begin to move the mouse, the dragstart event fires on the draggable element that you’re dragging. After the dragstart event fires, the drag event fires repeatedly as long as you drag the element. And the dragged event fires when you stop dragging the element.
When you drag an element over a valid drop target, these events fire in the following sequence.
dragleave or drop
The dragenter event fires as soon as you drag the element over a drop target.
After the dragenter event fires, the dragover event fires repeatedly as long as you’re dragging the element within the boundary of the drop target.
When you drag the element outside of the boundary of the drop target, the dragover event stops firing and the dragleave event fires.
In case you drop the element on the target, the drop event fires instead of the dragleave event.
The target (e.target) of the dragenter, dragover, dragleave, and drop events are the drop target elements.
Following is the example program for the drag and drop for touch devices.
As we can drag and drop the images, gifs, and text from one place to another on the web document.
- How to perform drag and drop operation in Selenium with python?
- How to use drag and drop in Android?
- How to use drag and drop in HTML5?
- HTML5 drag and drop will not drop
- The dragLeave event fires before drop for HTML5 drag and drop events
- How to do drag and drop action in Selenium?
- How to perform drag and drop actions in WebdriverIO?
- How to prevent sticky hover effects for buttons on touch devices?
- Full page drag and drop files website with HTML
- How to simulate HTML5 Drag and Drop in Selenium Webdriver?
- How to stop dragend's default behavior in drag and drop?
- How to Add Drag and Drop in React using React Beautiful DnD
- Cross-browser drag-and-drop HTML file upload?
- How to automate drag & drop functionality using Selenium WebDriver Java?
- Drag and Drop a File feature in React JS