- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to take user input using HTML forms?
Using HTML forms, you can easily take user input. The <form> tag is used to get user input, by adding the form elements. Different types of form elements include text input, radio button input, submit button, etc.
Let’s learn about the <input> tag, which helps you to take user input using the type attribute. The attribute is used with the form elements such as text input, checkbox, radio, etc.
You can try to run the following code to take user input using HTML Forms:
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <head> <title>HTML Forms</title> </head> <p>Add your details:</p> <form> Student Name:<br> <input type="text" name="name"> <br> Student Subject:<br> <input type="text" name="subject"> <br> Rank:<br> <input type="text" name="rank"> </form> </body> </html>
Above, you can see the following two attributes:
Indicates the type of input control and for text input control it will be set to text
Used to give a name to the control which is sent to the server to be recognized and get the value.
- How do we take password input in HTML forms?
- Take Matrix input from user in Python
- How to clear all the input in HTML forms?
- How to take input in Python?
- How do we reset all the input fields in HTML forms?
- How do we send an email using HTML forms?
- HTML DOM forms collection
- What HTML forms are and how to use them?
- How to use the submit button in HTML forms?
- How to allow multiple file uploads in HTML forms.
- How do we upload external file on a website using HTML forms?
- How we can group data in HTML forms?
- Execute a script when the element gets user input in HTML?
- How do we use radio buttons in HTML forms?