- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to stream large .mp4 files in HTML5?
59 Lectures 8.5 hours
68 Lectures 8 hours
Video files on the web sometimes need to be encoded in a special way in order for them to be played while downloading. In order for flash-based videos to work, data should be moved from the end to the start of the stream. A program called mp4 FastStart can do this for you.
Programs like HandBrake have a "web" option that also does this when encoding. You need to ensure that your web server is not applying to gzip or deflate compression on top of the compression in the mp4 file.
Compression allows your webserver to provide smaller file sizes, which load faster for your website users. Gzip is a method of compressing files (making them smaller) for faster network transfers. In
computing, DEFLATE is a lossless data compression algorithm and associated file format that uses a combination of the LZ77 algorithm and Huffman coding.
Check the headers being sent by your web server using curl -I http://example/video.mp4. The HTTP Response Header should include Content-Type − video/mp4and Accept-Ranges − bytes, and no Content-Encoding.
- Playing MP4 video in WebView using HTML5 in Android
- How to download large files through PHP script?
- How to Handle Large CSV files with Pandas?
- ffmpeg settings for converting to mp4 and ogg for HTML5 video
- How to upload large files above 500MB in PHP?
- How to draw large font on HTML5 Canvas?
- How we can compress large Python files?
- Sending large files over internet
- How to split or break large files into pieces in Linux?
- Splitting and uploading extremely large files to Amazon S3
- How to sort a large number of csv files in ascending order in R?
- HTML5 Canvas Text Stroke for Large Font Size
- HTML5 File API readAsBinaryString reads files as much larger and different than files on disk
- How to convert Stream to TreeSet in Java?
- Character Stream vs Byte Stream in Java