- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to pause an ABAP program?
Either you can use SAP “WAIT UP TO” statement. For e.g. the below statement waits up for 30 seconds
WAIT UP TO 30 SECONDS
But this statement has an implicit database commit. It might sound weird but there are scenarios where this behavior is expected so you should be aware of whether this fits your use case or not. In addition to this, it performs a rollout and releases the worker processes.
But the use cases where you don’t want to have an implicit database commit and worker process are considered important then you can go for an alternative “Enque_Sleep”. For e.g. the below statement will pause for 30 seconds.
CALL FUNCTION 'ENQUE_SLEEP' EXPORTING SECONDS = 30
- C# Program to Pause a Thread
- Making an SAP ABAP program to wait
- Identify the program to edit an ABAP code
- Viewing an ABAP program outside customer space.
- Incrementing an integer inside loop in an ABAP program
- CSS pause property
- Edit an ABAP Program using Transaction SE93, SE80
- CSS pause-after property
- CSS pause-before property
- Getting Selenium to pause for X seconds.
- What is the Linux Equivalent to DOS Pause?
- Using VBA macro to call an ABAP code
- Linking ABAP Dynpro screen elements to program variables
- How to use constant in ABAP program which has trailing space?
- Sending an itab to SAP Spool using ABAP method