- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to compile and execute C# programs on Windows?
The best IDE for C# on Windows is Microsoft Visual Studio. It is an IDE to develop websites, web apps, mobile apps, etc.
The following are the features of Visual Studio IDE −
Code Editor − Visual Studio has a code editor supporting syntax highlighting and code completion using IntelliSense.
Breakpoints − Set breakpoints and allow monitoring the variable values as the execution progress.
Extend Capability − With Visual Studio, you can extend the functionality of the IDE. The extension includes macros, packages, etc.
Here are the steps to compile and execute a C# program on Windows −
Start Visual Studio.
On the menu bar, choose File -> New -> Project.
Choose Visual C# from templates, and then choose Windows.
Choose Console Application.
Specify a name for your project and click OK button.
This creates a new project in Solution Explorer.
Write code in the Code Editor.
Click the Run button or press F5 key to execute the project. A Command Prompt window appears that contains the line Hello World.
- How to compile and execute C# programs on Linux?
- How to compile and execute C# programs on Mac OS?
- How to Edit, Compile, and Execute a C++ Program?
- How to Install C++ Compiler on Windows?
- How to compile 32-bit program on 64- bit gcc in C and C++
- How to compile and run the C++ program?
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- Compile 32-bit program on 64-bit gcc in C and C++
- C++ Programs To Create Pyramid and Pattern
- How to configuring Java Environment on Windows?
- How to execute an external program like windows media player in Java?
- How to compile unsafe code in C#?
- C/C++ Tricky Programs
- How to set your python path on Windows?
- How do I set up C/C++ on Eclipse in Windows?