- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How is GENTRAN used in Electronic data interchange EDI in SAP?
Let me give you a basic info about electronic data interchange, it is used to exchange data (usually structured) between firms.
Speaking about GENTRAN, it is one of the available EDI tools which can help you parse data in most of the common formats available. If you want to change the format of data from one to another, GENTRAN can do it for you too.
Coming up to the most exciting part of it, it provides a drag and drop interface to you where you can program.
Usually, when you need to convert a document from one format to another, you need to map the fields (properties) in one document format to fields in another document format. For e.g. If I need to convert from AS2 format to XML, then mapping would require mapping the fields from AS2 format to XML format.
- Electronic data interchange edi safe and secure global communication
- Connection used in SAP HANA Smart Data Access
- What are the latest electronic home decor devices used these days?
- What is an Electronic Mail (E-Mail)?
- Electronic Product Code (EPC)
- How Do Electronic Signatures Legally Bind You?
- What is electronic noise and what are its types?
- EDI: For Safe and Secure Global Communication
- Using AT_FIRST be used to initialize variables used in loop in SAP ABAP
- Data compression in SAP HANA
- What is the difference between Electronic signatures and Digital Signatures?
- Using Where-Used option in SAP HANA Modeling
- Finding the table from which data is fetched in SAP
- Java Program to Interchange the Diagonals
- Which MySQL data type is used for long decimal?