- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do we use radio buttons in HTML forms?
Using HTML forms, you can easily take user input. The <form> tag is used to get user input, by adding the form elements. Different types of form elements include text input, radio button input, submit button, etc.
Let’s learn how to use radio buttons in HTML forms to get user input. Radio buttons are used when out of many options; just one option is required to be selected. They are also created using HTML <input> tag and the type attribute is set to radio.
Here are the attributes for radio button −
|Sr.No||Attribute & Description|
Indicates the type of input control and for checkbox input control it will be set to radio.
Used to give a name to the control which is sent to the server to be recognized and get the value.
The value that will be used if the radio box is selected.
Set to checked if you want to select it by default.
You can try to run the following code to learn how to work with radio buttons in HTML −
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <head> <title>HTML Radio Button</title> </head> <p>Gender</p> <form> <input type="radio" name="gender" value="male">Male <br> <input type="radio" name="gender" value="female">Female </form> </body> </html>
- How do we use checkbox buttons in HTML forms?
- Why do we use reset button in HTML forms?
- How do we take password input in HTML forms?
- How do we send an email using HTML forms?
- How do we use a simple drop-down list of items in HTML forms?
- How do we reset all the input fields in HTML forms?
- How do we upload external file on a website using HTML forms?
- How we can group data in HTML forms?
- How do we use different CSS classes in HTML?
- How to use the submit button in HTML forms?
- Why do we use DOCTYPES in HTML document?
- What HTML forms are and how to use them?
- Custom Radio Buttons with CSS appearance Property
- Why do we use head tag in HTML Page?