- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do we define an area in an image map with HTML?
Use the <area> tag to define area in an image map in HTML.
The HTML <area> tag supports the following additional attributes −
|Alt||Text||Specifies an alternate text for the area.|
|coords||if shape = "rect" then coords = "left, top, right, bottom"|
if shape = "circ" then coords = "centerx, centery, radius"
if shape = "poly" then coords = "x1, y1, x2, y2,..,xn, yn"
|Specifies the coordinates appropriate to the shape attribute to define a region of an image for image maps.|
|download ||filename||Specifies that the target gets downloaded when the hyperlink is clicked by the user.|
|Href||URL||Specifies the URL of a page or the name of the anchor that the link goes to.|
|hreflang ||language_code||Specifies the language of the target URL.|
|media ||media query||Specifies media/device the target URL is optimized for.|
|Nohref||true/false||Excludes an area from the image map|
|Specifies relationship between the current document and the target URL|
|Specifies the shape of the image map|
|Where to open the target URL.|
_blank − the target URL will open in a new window
_self − the target URL will open in the same frame as it was clicked
_parent − the target URL will open in the parent frameset
_top − the target URL will open in the full body of the window
|type ||mime_type||Specifies the MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) type of the target URL.|
You can try to run the following code to implement <area> tag −
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTML area Tag</title> </head> <body> <img src = /images/usemap.gif alt = "usemap" border = "0" usemap = "#tutorials"/> <map name = "tutorials"> <area shape = "poly" coords = "74,0,113,29,98,72,52,72,38,27" href = "/perl/index.htm" alt = "Perl Tutorial" target = "_blank" /> <area shape = "rect" coords = "22,83,126,125" alt = "HTML Tutorial" href = "/html/index.htm" target = "_blank" /> <area shape = "circle" coords = "73,168,32" alt = "PHP Tutorial" href = "/php/index.htm" target = "_blank" /> </map> </body> </html>
- How do we create an image map in HTML?
- Set the coordinates of the area in an image map in HTML?
- Set an image as a server-side image map in HTML?
- How to specify an image as a client-side image-map in HTML?
- How do we include an anchor in HTML?
- How do we define a dialog box in HTML?
- How do we display a text area in HTML?
- How do we include an emphasized text in HTML?
- How do we send an email using HTML forms?
- How do we set an image to be shown while the video is downloading in HTML?
- How do we include a section in an HTML document?
- How do we include an inline sub window in HTML?
- How to display an image in HTML?