- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can we set up a MySQL User account by using SQL GRANT statement?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
We can also add user account by using GRANT SQL command. It can be illustrated by using the following example −
In this example, we will add user Zara with password zara123 for a particular database,
which is named as TUTORIALS.
root@host# mysql -u root -p password; Enter password:******* mysql> use mysql; Database changed mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP -> ON TUTORIALS.* -> TO 'zara'@'localhost' -> IDENTIFIED BY 'zara123';
The above statements will also create an entry in the MySQL database table called as a user.
- How can we set up a MySQL User account by using INSERT INTO statement?
- How can we change MySQL user password by using the SET PASSWORD statement?
- How can we grant privileges to a MySQL user?
- How can we change MySQL user password by using the ALTER USER statement?
- How can we create a MySQL user account by omitting the hostname?
- How can we change MySQL user password by using UPDATE statement?
- How can we grant a user to access all stored procedures in MySQL?
- How can we use SET statement to assign a SELECT result to a MySQL user variable?
- How to display grant defined for a MySQL user?
- How to set the local user account settings using PowerShell?
- Grant a user permission to only view a MySQL view?
- Grant all privileges of a database to a MySQL user?
- How can we revoke privileges from a MySQL user?
- MySQL query to create user and grant permission
- SQL statement to create a Restricted user in SAP HANA