- Learn MySQL
- MySQL - Home
- MySQL - Introduction
- MySQL - Installation
- MySQL - Administration
- MySQL - PHP Syntax
- MySQL - Connection
- MySQL - Create Database
- MySQL - Drop Database
- MySQL - Select Database
- MySQL - Data Types
- MySQL - Create Tables
- MySQL - Drop Tables
- MySQL - Insert Query
- MySQL - Select Query
- MySQL - Where Clause
- MySQL - Update Query
- MySQL - Delete Query
- MySQL - Like Clause
- MySQL - Sorting Results
- MySQL - Using Join
- MySQL - NULL Values
- MySQL - Regexps
- MySQL - Transactions
- MySQL - Alter Command
- MySQL - Indexes
- MySQL - Temporary Tables
- MySQL - Clone Tables
- MySQL - Database Info
- MySQL - Using Sequences
- MySQL - Handling Duplicates
- MySQL - SQL Injection
- MySQL - Database Export
- MySQL - Database Import
How can I search data from MySQL table based on similar sound values?
With the help of SOUNDS LIKE operator, MySQL search the similar sound values from the table.
Expression1 SOUNDS LIKE Expression2
Here, both Expression1 and Expression2 will be compared based on their English pronunciation of sound.
Following is an example from ‘student’ table which will match the two expressions based on the pronunciation of sound
mysql> Select Id, Name, Address, Subject from student where name sounds like 'hrst'; +------+---------+---------+----------+ | Id | Name | Address | Subject | +------+---------+---------+----------+ | 15 | Harshit | Delhi | Commerce | +------+---------+---------+----------+ 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
- Related Articles
- How can I export values based on some conditions from MySQL table into a file?
- How can I create a MySQL view that takes the values from a table based on some condition(s)?
- How can I search within a table of comma-separated values in MySQL?
- How can we create MySQL view by selecting data based on pattern matching from base table?
- How can you select data from a table based on some criteria using MySQL in Python?
- Selecting data from a MySQL table based on a specific month?
- How to write PHP script to fetch data, based on some conditions, from MySQL table?
- How do I select data from one table only where column values from that table match the column values of another table in MySQL?
- How can I return the values of columns from MySQL table as a set of values?
- How can I create a stored procedure to delete values from a MySQL table?
- How can I create a MySQL stored procedure that returns multiple values from a MySQL table?
- Select total from a MySQL table based on month
- Effective way to add integers based on table values in MySQL?
- How can I create a stored procedure to select values on the basis of some conditions from a MySQL table?
- How can I transfer data from SAP HANA to virtual table?