- Learn MySQL
- MySQL - Home
- MySQL - Introduction
- MySQL - Installation
- MySQL - Administration
- MySQL - PHP Syntax
- MySQL - Connection
- MySQL - Create Database
- MySQL - Drop Database
- MySQL - Select Database
- MySQL - Data Types
- MySQL - Create Tables
- MySQL - Drop Tables
- MySQL - Insert Query
- MySQL - Select Query
- MySQL - Where Clause
- MySQL - Update Query
- MySQL - Delete Query
- MySQL - Like Clause
- MySQL - Sorting Results
- MySQL - Using Join
- MySQL - NULL Values
- MySQL - Regexps
- MySQL - Transactions
- MySQL - Alter Command
- MySQL - Indexes
- MySQL - Temporary Tables
- MySQL - Clone Tables
- MySQL - Database Info
- MySQL - Using Sequences
- MySQL - Handling Duplicates
- MySQL - SQL Injection
- MySQL - Database Export
- MySQL - Database Import
How MySQL prevents unauthorized clients from accessing the database system?
MySQL implements a sophisticated access control and privilege system that allows us to create comprehensive access rules for handling client operations and effectively preventing unauthorized clients from accessing the database system.
The MySQL access control has two stages when a client connects to the server −
A client, which connects to the MySQL database server, needs to have a valid username and password. In addition, the host from that the client connects needs to match with the host within the MySQL grant table.
once a connection is established successfully, for each statement issued by the client, MySQL checks whether the client has sufficient privileges to execute that particular statement. MySQL has the flexibility to check a privilege at the database, table, and field levels.
- Related Articles
- Accessing table data from SAP system
- Accessing The Unix/Linux password database (pwd)
- Enable TLS for MySQL Clients
- How to prevent a user from accessing a specific schema in MySQL?
- How can we drop a MySQL view from the database?
- Explain how painting of the iron gate prevents it from rusting?
- How can we delete a MySQL stored function from the database?
- Using TCP/IP ports for accessing SAP HANA database
- Connecting to MySQL database from the command line?
- Selecting random entry from MySQL Database?
- How does water prevents the plants from frost and hot air currents?
- How to get field name types from a MySQL database?
- How to select first 10 elements from a MySQL database?
- How to retrieve table names from a database in MySQL?