- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How MySQL manage the behavior of a transaction?
152 Lectures 16 hours
87 Lectures 5.5 hours
MySQL can manage the behavior of a transaction with the help of the following two modes −
It is the default mode. In this mode, each MySQL statement (within a transaction or not) is considered as a complete transaction and committed by default when it finishes. It can be started by setting the session variable AUTOCOMMIT to 1 as follows −
SET AUTOCOMMIT = 1 mysql> SET AUTOCOMMIT = 1; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.07 sec)
It is not the default mode. In this mode, the subsequent series of MySQL statements act like a transaction, and no activities are committed until an explicit COMMIT statement is issued. It can be started by setting the session variable AUTOCOMMIT to 0 as follows −
SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0 mysql> SET AUTOCOMMIT = 0; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
- How can we implement a MySQL transaction?
- What happens to the current MySQL transaction if the session is ended in the middle of a transaction?
- What will happen to the current MySQL transaction if a START TRANSACTION command is executed in the middle of that current transaction?
- How can a user start new MySQL transaction?
- mysqld_multi - Manage Multiple MySQL Servers
- How can I manage the start position of searching in MySQL LOCATE() function?
- How can a user explicitly end current MySQL transaction?
- How can a user implicitly end current MySQL transaction?
- What is transaction processing? Explain the properties of the transaction(DBMS)
- How can we check the current MySQL transaction isolation level?
- What will happen to MySQL current transaction, if in the middle of that transaction, the DDL statement is executed?
- How do Transaction Costs affect the Dividend Policy of a company?
- How to manage image resolution of a graph in Matplotlib
- How can we find out the current transaction mode in MySQL?
- What kinds of programs are available in MySQL database to manage MySQL server?