- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
EventSource vs. wrapped WebSocket with HTML5 Server-Side Event
59 Lectures 8.5 hours
68 Lectures 8 hours
The event source is just a web socket that -
- That cannot send data
- Uses text or event stream format
- It fires events that are server defined
It is useful in applications that only need server push.
Web sockets are good for applications that need fast communications in both directions.
Another major difference is the different security models they used.
Server Send events are useful for −
- Live Feeds
- Live Scores
- Stock Market Update
- Websocket for binary transfer of data & decode with HTML5
- MySQL Client Server-Side Help
- HTML5 Server-Sent Events working
- Difference Between Server-side Scripting and Clientside Scripting
- Using client side XSLT transformations in HTML5
- HTML5 / JS storage event handler
- Websockets Apache Server compatibility in HTML5
- HTML5 applicationCache vs Browser Cache
- How can we get “MySQL server-side help”?
- How Server-Sent Events Works in HTML5?
- How to display HTML5 client-side validation error bubbles?
- Example of Event Handlers in HTML5 CORS
- Set an image as a server-side image map in HTML?
- How to align images side by side with CSS?