- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Different ways to interact with SAP system from a web application
Using any of above method depends on what you are connecting, and version of your SAP system. You can use Standard BAPI’s to read or update a service order. BAPI is a Remote Function Call RFC with a standard API.
In latest releases of SAP ERP, many of Function Modules are exposed as Web Services.
In SAP system, you need to follow some administration task to allow access to SAP system. Following T-Codes can be used: SICF or SOAMANAGER.
When you install ABAP Application Server, all the services are available in an inactive state. When a call is made to a URL, multiple services are executed and all service node must be executed in SICF tree.
To activate a service, select the required ICF service in the ICF tree in transaction SICF.
Activate the ICF service in one of the following ways:
- You have to use Menu option Service/Host →Activate
- You can also use the context menu and be choosing Activate Service.
In some of the scenarios, if you are using SAP PI/XI or any other non-SAP Integration Engine, it would be easier to connect but with limited functionality.
- Related Articles
- Connect to SAP system from C# application
- Invoke a Web service from AJAX in SAP application
- Connecting system with SAP system using a Web Service
- Creating SAP interface to pull data from web application
- Does HTML5 allow you to interact with local client files from within a web browser?
- How does selenium interact with the Web browser?
- Java Web application pointing to SAP HANA locally
- Downloading SAP.NET connector to integrate .NET application with SAP system
- Consuming Web Service in C# application (SAP)
- Error while creating a PO in SAP system from a .NET application
- Standard way to integrate SAP with external system like .NET application
- Connecting SAP system from C# application via .NET Connector 3.0
- Searching data from the different system in SAP.
- Integrating .NET application with SAP system and using best practices
- Exposing employee master data from SAP HR system using Web Service