- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between SAP PI/PO and ESB
SAP PI/PO is more relevant to use when your entire landscape is of SAP modules. SAP Process Integration is a part of the SAP NetWeaver platform. It is called SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure XI in NetWeaver 7.0 ehp2 and older versions. SAP NetWeaver Process Integration is a part of the NetWeaver software component and is used for the exchange of information in company’s internal system or with external parties.
SAP PI/XI enables you to set up cross-system communication and integration and allows you to connect SAP and non-SAP systems based on a different programming language like Java and SAP ABAP. It provides an open source environment that is necessary for complex system landscape for the integration of systems and for communication.
SAP Process Integration is a middleware to allow seamless integration between SAP and non-SAP application in a company or with systems outside the company. If you have a connection with cloud platforms internal or external then PI is not recommended.
You can navigate to the following link to know more about SAP PI −
ESP like Biztalk, Fuse, Mule they are more flexible and covers larger functional areas when integration with other platforms are required. Many of these integration platforms are equipped with commercial adapters.
- Difference between Net Present Value (NPV) and Profitability Index (PI)
- Difference between SAP ECC system and SAP BW system?
- Difference between SAP ERP and SAP S/4 HANA
- Data Replication from SAP PO to SQL Server
- Difference between an SAP ERP system and DBMS
- Difference between SAP ERP and a DBMS system
- SAP PI messaging service is JMS compliant or not
- Difference between SE01, SE09 and SE10 Transactions in SAP
- Difference between enforced and unenforced license in SAP HANA
- Difference between _SYS_BIC and _SYS_BI schema in SAP HANA
- Difference between Copy and Derived view in SAP HANA
- Difference between take over and Switch ownership in SAP HANA
- Difference between stop and kill a service in SAP HANA
- Explain the difference between getColumnHeaders(), getColumnNames() and getColumnTitles() in SAP?
- Difference between class alv and function alv in SAP ABAP?