- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between ODBC and JDBC in Java
Following are the notable differences between ODBC and JDBC.
|Definition||ODBC - Open DataBase Connectivity.||JDBC - Java Database Connectivity.|
|Languages||Can be used for C/C++/java.||Only for Java.|
|Platform||Windows||Most of the platforms being cross-platform compatibility.|
|Driver Development||ODBC drivers are implemented in native languages like C/C++.||JDBC drivers are implemented in Java.|
|Performance||ODBC drivers are faster.||JDBC drivers are slower than ODBC drivers.|
|Type||ODBC is procedural.||JDBC is object oriented.|
- Difference Between JDBC and ODBC
- What is the difference between ODBC and JDBC
- Difference Between JDBC and Hibernate
- Explain the difference between RowSet and ResultSet in JDBC?
- Difference between Go and Java.
- Difference Between C++ and Java
- What is the difference between execute(), executeQuery() and executeUpdate() methods in JDBC?
- What is the difference between the TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE and TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE ResultSets in JDBC?
- Disabling JDBC/ODBC access to SAP HANA system for a new user
- Difference between Java and C language
- Difference between constructor and method in Java
- Difference between HashMap and HashTable in Java.
- Difference between StringBuilder and StringBuffer in Java
- Difference between Object and Class in Java