- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Dev and Pro while configuring Transport system in SAP
Note that both production and development system should point to same directory. SAP never transfer files from one transport directory to another. Below is the process:
You release a request from dev system. This create files in /usr/sap/trans/(data & cofiles).
When STMS Transport Management System is configured correctly, you immediately see the request on the production system import queue and can import it.
Incase route in Transport Management System is not configured it is possible to add a request to queue and then import to production.
STMS is complex process in SAP system. I would suggest you refer this link:
- Related Articles
- Difference between SAP ECC system and SAP BW system?
- Difference between an SAP ERP system and DBMS
- Difference between SAP ERP and a DBMS system
- Accessing Source code of SAP Transport without using SAP system
- Configuring SAP HANA Perspective shortcuts
- Configuring Password policy and Blacklist in SAP HANA Studio
- Configuring SMTP in SAP HANA for alerting
- Difference Between while and do-while Loop
- Configuring blacklist in password policy in SAP HANA
- ABAP dump while creating an entry in SAP system using SAP JCO
- Authentication options in SAP HANA while adding new system
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C/C++
- Difference between while(1) and while(0) in C language
- Difference between Root System and Shoot System.
- Specifying working directory while executing FM SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE in SAP system