- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Data and structural independence
Structural independence exists when changes in the database structure do not affect DBMS ability to access data.
Structural dependence exists when changes in the database structure do not affect DBMS ability to access data.
The changes done in the lower level will not affect the upper layers.
The two types are −
- Physical Data Independence
- Logical Data Independence
Let us begin with Physical Data Independence −
Physical Data Independence
Modify physical schema without affecting the schema or logical data. It is easier to achieve.
It is achieved by the internal level of the database and mapping from the logical level to the internal level. The Conceptual Schema from the changes done in the physical storage insulates the users.
Logical Data Independence
Modify logical schema without affecting the programs. It is hard to achieve. The conceptual schema can be modified without affecting the existing external schemas.
- Data Independence in DBMS
- What is Data Independence in DBMS?
- Indian Independence Act 1947
- Modern Indian Fashion: After Independence
- Modern Indian Fashion: Before Independence
- India’s Struggle for Independence – Nana Saheb
- Write molecular, electronic and structural formulae of ethene.
- Structural formula of ethyne is"
- Structural formula of benzene is"
- Revolt of 1857 – First War of Independence Against British
- Give the name and structural formula of an alkyl group.
- Give the name and structural formula of one homologue of HCOOH.
- Write the structural formula of propene.
- Write the structural formula of propyne.
- Write the structural formula of butane..