- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Data Replication from SAP PO to SQL Server
Note that SAP PO is not a data source but middleware so it doesn’t contain any data. You can extract data from SQL Server using JDBC.
SAP PI/XI enables you to set up cross system communication and integration and allows you to connect SAP and non-SAP systems based on different programming language like Java and SAP ABAP. It provides an open source environment that is necessary in complex system landscape for the integration of systems and for communication.
SAP Process Integration is a middleware to allow seamless integration between SAP and non-SAP application in a company or with systems outside the company.
An application that is run on different systems that are part of different business units in a company or implemented in a distributed environment between different companies that have a business relationship with each other. In this environment, there is a need for seamless integration and transfer of information between different systems. SAP PI provides a middleware platform that doesn’t deal with how application components are implemented with a business logic and focuses more on data exchange between the different components.
You can consider SAP PI as a central instance or middleware that interconnects different systems. This middleware can be referred as SAP PI runtime engine and this communication is called mediated communication. When you compare this communication with a point to point scenario, it is easy to manage the systems and connections. In addition to all this, information related to integration is available at one central point.
To know more about SAP PO, you can refer our tutorial:
- Using SSIS to load data from SQL Server to SAP BW
- Data Replication techniques in SAP HANA
- Trigger based SAP HANA data replication
- Real time data replication in SAP HANA
- Table mapping while data replication from flat file in SAP HANA database
- Use of SQL/MDX processor in SAP HANA Index server
- Sort data in SQL using Dynamic SQL in SAP HANA
- Difference between SAP PI/PO and ESB
- Error while creating a PO in SAP system from a .NET application
- MySQL replication: temporarily prevent specific SQL statements replicating to the slaves?
- Does SQL Server have an equivalent to MySQL's ENUM data type?
- Difference between MySQL and SQL Server
- Difference between Oracle and SQL Server
- Mean and Mode in SQL Server
- MySQL LIMIT clause equivalent for SQL SERVER?