Advantages of naming conventions in Java
Following the the best practices while declaring a variable. These best practices maintains code readability, understandability as project code size increases.
- Variables names should be short or long enough as per the scope. For example, loop counter variable, i is fine whereas employee as loop variable.
- Specific words should not be used like equals, compare, data.
- Use meaningful names which can explain the purpose of the variable. For example cnt Vs counter.
- Don't use _ to declare a variable name, Use camel casing. For example, employeeName is better than employee_name.
- Each organization has its own syntax specific standards. Follow those rules to maintain consistency and readability.
Published on 23-Apr-2018 06:48:59